Thursday, December 23, 2010

Huge Creche Made Of Lights

Shannon Wright sent me the location for this creche.. It has been in this yard for at least twelve years according to her.

I think I remember seeing this Nativity Scene years ago, maybe even before I started my project. It is on a super-busy road, but a section of it that I do not travel down regularly. I am very glad that Shannon sent me to check it out.

I went there tonight as the light was starting to fade. I knew it would be fabulous with the lights on, but they were turned off when I got there. I have NEVER asked a homeowner to turn on their lights before, but I knew if I didn't that it just wouldn't be as good as it could be. I knocked on the door, a very nice woman answered, I introduced myself and she offered to turn on the lights. I thanked her and found my spot to shoot.

This image is uploaded very large so that you can see the detail in it. Click on the photo to make it larger, then if you click it again, it will open in it's full-resolution.



Huge Creche Made Of Lights, 2010

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi.

I am Shannon Wright's mother in Northern Wyoming and I thank you for your project!
May I share it with my friends?

The Best to you!

Cordelia Roberts
Sheridan Wyoming

Slade said...

Cordelia, please feel free to share it with whoever you would like!

Thanksf for looking and stay warm up there!

MS

Shannon said...

I drove by this house last night and the nativity and other decorations are not there! I almost cried. But, thanks to your picture, I could see it again this year anyway.

Thanks again for your project. I love it again this year.

Shannon

 
Locations of visitors to this page